Upon enrollment and receipt of this session/lesson policy, the student and/or parent/guardian must agree to these terms and understand fully all rules in our studio.
Punctuality & Attendance
It is very important for students to arrive on time for their scheduled lesson/session. Consistent attendance is vital to success and progression. With this in mind, please attend all scheduled lessons/sessions.
Tuition & Payment
Our pricing is listed below: (Discount for multiple family members/lessons applies to all experiences, with the highest cost being offered at full price and the rest discounted).
-Music Therapy 45-Minute Session Monthly Tuition: $240 ($230 for each additional student/client after the first)
-Music Therapy 30-Minute Assessment Total (30 minutes): $50
-Music Lesson 30-Minute Monthly Tuition: $120 ($110 for each additional student/client after the first)
-Music Lesson 60-Minute Monthly Tuition: $180 ($170 for each additional student/client after the first)
-Group/Class 45-Minute Monthly Tuition for ages 0-11: $50/client ($40 for each additional student/client after the first)
--Group/Class 45-Minute Monthly Tuition for ages 12-18: $70/client ($60 for each additional student/client after the first)
-Group/Class 45-Minute Monthly Tuition for Adults: $90/client ($80 for each additional student/client after the first)
Tuition is automatically charged on the first of every month. Our price stays the same per month even with 5 weeks in a month. If there are no make-ups from the month prior or the current month, we are essentially providing each of you with about 4 free lessons a year. There will be a $20.00 charge added to all returned checks/bounced charges. In order to withdraw from our program, we must be notified we must be notified by 2 weeks in advance in order for you to not be charged for the next month and for therapeutic purposes to provide both client and therapist with proper closure. All sessions and lessons with be continuous unless otherwise notified. If enrolled in therapy, please understand that sessions will be in 16-week intervals with a new assessment before the next 16-weeks of therapy.
We require a 24-hour minimum cancellation notice. To cancel a session, you need to call Muzique at (609) 670-8619, NOT YOUR INSTRUCTOR OR THERAPIST. If 24-hour notice of cancellation is not given, the student forfeits the lesson, and will be charged. Canceling or missing a lesson does not reduce or delay payment. No-shows will not be made up under any circumstances. If the instructor has to cancel a lesson, a make-up will be given within the month.
A same-day excused absence is illness of the student or an extreme family emergency. For families with more than one student, only the student who is ill will be excused. Should school be closed, our studios will likely still be open. If there is any doubt, please call ahead to verify. Students are required to give two-week notice when they take a vacation. All planned absences should be reported to Muzique at (609) 670-8619, not the instructors. Absences given to the instructor/therapist, but not Muzique, will not be excused and will be charged to the student’s account. THERE ARE NO MAKE-UPS FOR GROUPS. If a group/class does not have coverage in the absence of a therapist/instructor and the class/group must be cancelled, a credit will be added to your account.
If there is more than one absence in a calendar month, make-ups will be arranged if time and space permit; however, the instructor is not obligated. All make-ups must be done within one month of the absence. Make up Days will be provided on first come first serve basis. This is why we already give students 4 free lessons a year. There are no “make-ups of make-ups”. If the student misses the make-up lesson, the lesson is forfeited. No refunds will be issued for student’s absences; however, a credit will be issued for a teacher absence if the teacher is unable to schedule a make-up on his or her end. Our goal with your tuition is to provide at least 4 sessions within the month. Anything additional is just a bonus for you!
Termination & Refunds
Although make-up lessons are provided (as stated above), credits or refunds are not given for missed lessons. If the student decides to discontinue lessons prior to the completion of the month, no refunds will be given for lessons not taken.
PRACTICE (for lessons)!!!!
Daily practice is essential to learning any instrument. The family will need to establish a daily routine for the student that includes practice. At each lesson, the teacher will clearly explain the student's practicing assignments for that week. The teacher will notate the practice assignments. The student is expected to complete the assignments by the next lesson. Parental help may be required if the student is too young to read.
All students MUST follow all rules of etiquette while on our premises:
1. Treat Everyone; Students, Teachers, Guests, etc. with only the utmost respect.
2. Clean up any trash you bring into the building. Trash bins are located in the art studio, and bathroom. Please no eating in the studios.
3. Take care of all equipment in lobby or in studio space.
4. This space does not belong to Muzique so please treat it as a whole with respect so we can continue to use it!
5. Have FUN! The arts are all about expressing and finding yourself through exploration, whether structured or improved. So make sure you and your family remember to have fun!
The mission of Muzique is to provide unique music and arts experiences for anyone and everyone! We aim to serve the community in all different ways including, music, art, drama, and dance. These services will be offered for children and adults, both neurotypical and special needs, in many different forms including therapy, recreational groups, individual services, and performance-based services. This program will help to bring the community together and provide a safe space for children and adults to explore the beauty of the arts.
Muzique’s personnel strive to maintain optimal standards of professional practice and exercise professional judgment in the delivery of quality service to each individual served. The personnel adhere to and support the mission, purpose, philosophy, and adopt the Code of Ethics of each profession providing service.
• Muzique will abide by the letter and spirit and spirit of the laws and regulations of the local community, the state and federal governments, with regard to all of its operations.
• The Clinic will be managed to provide the highest level of service to both patients and participating medical professionals.
• The Clinic acknowledges the intrinsic value of the individual, and pledges itself to behave toward each patient, practitioner, and employee in a manner, which honors and promotes his or her dignity and value as a person and special creation of God.
• The Clinic will manage its affairs and resources to ensure a fair and reasonable return to its investors, high value to its clientele, and fair and honorable treatment of its employees and suppliers.
• The Clinic will not discriminate in its treatment of any person or group of persons, on the basis of race, gender, national origin, or religious affiliation.